With Mother’s Day coming up, we have been brainstorming easy DIY gifts that any mother would love to receive. Moms can always use a little time to themselves to relax and recharge, right? So, giving them a gift that gives them the excuse to do so sounds perfect! Well, bath bombs easily came to mind as a great gift that will provide our moms with some much needed TLC (Plus, we have been wanting to try our hand at making some of these for some time now. Win! Win!).
We chose lavender because it is such a soothing, relaxing, and tranquil scent. These bath bombs were so easy to make, and they make such a pretty gift!
We even accompanied these with the cutest “You are the Bomb, Mom!” FREE Printable Gift Tags to create the perfect gift for any special woman in your life that you are celebrating this Mother’s Day. Feel free to click the link above (or below) and print some for yourself! 🙂
Go ahead and get mixing!
What You Need
1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup citric acid
1/2 cup Epson salt
1-2 Tbsp. Lavender Flowers (or flower/add-in of your choice)
3 tsp. almond oil
5 drops of lavender essential oil (or whatever flavor/smell of your choice)
5 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
Purple soap colorant/pigment powder – optional (also any color of your choice)
Step by Step
1. Combine your dry ingredients (soda, salt, acid) together in a bowl and mix with a whisk. This is where I also added in my colorant and mixed in until I got the color I wanted.
2. Whisk in your lavender flowers.
3. In a small bowl combine your oils.
4. Slowly (a tiny bit at a time) add your oil to your dry ingredients and whisk. You want to be careful not to add too much at a time or it will bubble and foam. Do this with all your oil and you want a consistency like wet sand (see photo above for reference). If it still is not like that add tiny amounts of water at a time until you achieve this consistency. This did take me a bit so don’t get discouraged if you have to slowly add in little drops of water for awhile. It’s worth it once it finally gets to the right texture.
5. Fill each sides of your bath bomb molds until they are both full. Squish together. It will overflow a bit in the middle which is fine. Scrape off the excess and let them sit for a few minutes to slightly harden.
6. Remove from molds and let sit for a couple hours on a soft surface. I laid them lightly on a dish towel and it worked great. Let them harden/dry completely.
7. Go ahead and test one out or present as a gift as you wish! We have designed for you a very cute “You are the Bomb, Mom!” FREE Printable Gift Tags that you can easily print and attach to your bath bomb. We placed ours in little cellophane bags and tied with twine and attached the tags. They create the perfect Mother’s Day gift, or a fun treat for any occasion where you want to give someone a relaxing treat. 🙂