We are back with our second post in the Galentine’s Day Blog Series! So, let’s go ahead and jump in! It’s no secret to any of our friends and family that we love mozzarella cheese sticks. This popular appetizer is nothing fancy, but let’s be honest. They are delicious! So, of course we decided to create some of them in heart shapes as a perfect pairing of treats for our Galentine’s Day spread. Most of the time cheese sticks are fried, but these are baked instead! This makes us happy to provide you with a healthier alternative to those fried cheese sticks you get at a restaurant. 🙂 So, without further ado….Mozzarella Cheese Hearts!
Things to Know Upfront/Quick Tips
- You will need small and mini heart shaped cookie cutters
What You Need
- Refrigerated Pie Crust
- Mozzarella Cheese Slices
- 1 Egg yolk
- Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- Marinara Sauce (for dipping)
Step By Step
- Roll out your pie crust(s) and start cutting your larger heart shapes out. You will need 2 for each side of the “cheese hearts”.
- Take your mozzarella cheese slices and start cutting your smaller/mini heart shapes. You’ll need just one for each “cheese heart”.
- Place your cheese slices in the center of each pie crust.
- Coat the other crust side with egg yolk. Then, close up your heart with the cheese inside.
- Press down the edges with your fingers. Then, use a fork to seal the edges of each heart.
- Spread some grated Parmesan cheese on top of each heart.
- Place the hearts in the freezer for about 10-20 min.
- Set your oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.